California Notice at Collection/State Law Privacy Rights: See the State law privacy rights section below for important information about your rights under applicable state privacy laws.
A. WHO WE ARE
CooperSurgical, Inc. delivers impactful solutions that improve women’s healthcare through our offerings, including a range of medical devices. Fertility and genomic solutions are offered through CooperGenomics, Inc. Our vision is a world with healthy women, babies, and families.
B. ABOUT THIS POLICY
We are committed to providing professional and valuable products and services while taking measures designed to safeguard your privacy.
We may separately process Personal Information for and at the direction of our business customers and such processing is outside the scope of this policy. Our use of Personal Information that we process for or on behalf of our business customers may be governed by our agreements with such customers. If you have concerns regarding your Personal Information that we process for or on behalf of a business customer, please direct your concerns to that business customer.
Please also keep in mind that our sites and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.
C. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The types of personal information we may collect are described below.
Below is a list of the categories of personal information (and an indication of what we collected during the last 12 months). Please note that the “Statutory Categories of Information” and the definitions of “share” and “sell” refer to those defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). For more information on the CCPA and other State Privacy Laws, please refer to Section H below. Note that our use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you may be classified under the State Privacy Laws as “selling” or “sharing” your Personal Information, however we do not otherwise “sell” Personal Information.
|Statutory Categories of Information||Personal Information We May Collect||Categories of third parties to whom we “disclose” PI for a business purpose||Categories of third parties to whom we “sell” or “share” Personal Information|
|Identifiers||Name(s), an alias or unique personal/online identifier (such as username or login name), address, email address, username, password, date of birth, internet protocol (IP) address; national/state identification card number, passport number, signature, photograph or voice, travel arrangements information, dietary restrictions/requirements.||All of the third parties in Section E below||Marketing and advertising partners|
(All listed Identifiers except state identification card number and photo.)
|Commercial Information||Records, dates and locations of services or products purchased, obtained, or considered; or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||All of the third parties in Section E below||Marketing and advertising partners|
|Professional or Employment Information||Company and job title/role||All of the third parties in Section E below||Marketing and advertising partners|
|Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity information (“Electronic Information”)||Browsing history; search history; information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement; cookies; IP address of your device, information about the operating system and/or app you are using; unique device identifiers; pages that you navigate to and links that you click; your preferences and settings.||All of the third parties in Section E below||Marketing and advertising partners|
|Geolocation Data||Location information collected by a browser or inferred by IP addresses, mobile device signals.||All of the third parties in Section E below||Marketing and advertising partners|
|Sensory Information||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar.||All of the third parties in Section E below||Marketing and advertising partners|
|Inferences||Consumer type; potential purchasing behavior.||All of the third parties in Section E below||Marketing and advertising partners|
|Physical Description||Physical characteristics or description.||All of the third parties in Section E below||NO|
|Medical Information||Health insurance, medical history, family history, and reproductive history information.||All of the third parties in Section E below||No|
|Genetic Data||Genetic testing information and clinical reports derived from such testing.||All of the third parties in Section E below.||No|
|Financial Information||Bank account number, debit or credit card numbers, insurance policy number, and other financial information.||All of the third parties in Section E below||No|
D. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use personal information for some general purposes. The information allows us to provide you with products, services, and customer support, to bill you for products and services you request, to market products and services which we think may be of interest to you, or to communicate with you for other purposes. The types of general uses include:
- record keeping, statistical analysis, internal reporting and research
- hosting, maintaining and otherwise supporting the operation of our websites, applications and other communication platforms, and helping to customize and improve your experience with our websites, applications and other platforms
- Pre-test or post-test genetic counselling
- ensuring the quality of the products and services we provide to you
- detecting, preventing and addressing technical issues
- investigating, resolving or otherwise addressing complaints made by you or any disputes between you and us
- detecting and preventing fraud or other criminal offenses
- risk management
- business and disaster recovery (e.g. to create back-ups)
- network and information security
- document and data retention/storage
- to create aggregated, de-identified and/or anonymized data for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve our services and promote our business
We also use Identifiers, Commercial Information, Electronic Information, Geolocation Data to help us establish and maintain a relationship with you, through things like:
- creating an account(s) with us or for identification purposes
- your request for us to send products to you or to provide services to you
- to connect you with a GC licensed in your area
- communicating with you, including with non-marketing materials or marketing materials about our company or our products/services, and to provide you with email alerts or other notices concerning our products or services, events or news that may be of interest to you
- linking your profile on a third-party site or platform with any account(s) with us
- entering a promotion, contest, sweepstakes, etc.
- requesting or submitting a rebate and rebate fulfillment
- fulfilling orders
- processing a payment at your request or on your behalf
- confirming your authorization of transactions
When you use our websites, applications or platforms or if you choose to interact with us via third party platforms (such as your social media accounts), we may collect Identifiers, Electronic Information and Geolocation Data about your usage of or interactions with us for:
- personalizing your experience with us
- enabling your use of the services available on our websites, applications or platforms
- contacting you about our products, services or other news
We use Geolocation Data:
- to present options for GC appointment times in your area
- to identify where you are contacting us from
Geolocation Data may be collected from your computer, your devices, you telephone, and your use of applications or platforms.
We may be required to collect your personal information to comply with our legal requirements, to enable us to fulfil the terms of any contract that we have with or in preparation of us entering into a contract with you.
E. HOW AND WHEN DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may share your Personal Information with members of our corporate group in order to provide the products and/or services or information that you have requested. We may also share your information with other members of our corporate group for the purposes of IT support and maintenance, internal governance and administration, and to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We will not share your personal information with a third party outside our corporate group, except:
- when you permit us to do so
- where you have instructed us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites (Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices)
- when parties perform services on our behalf, like product delivery, customer service, IT services and solutions (e.g. providing data storage, assisting us with database management) or rebate fulfillment. We prohibit these companies from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
- when we share your personal information for direct marketing and advertising purposes.
We may also share your personal information with:
- our accountants, auditors, lawyers or other professional advisers when we ask them to provide us with professional advice
- any other third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property and/or safety of our company, any of our Affiliates, its personnel and others
- any other third party for the purposes of acting in accordance with the requirements of a court, regulator or government agency, for example, complying with a court order or acting in accordance with an applicable law or regulation
F. HOW LONG DO WE STORE PERSONAL DATA?
It is our policy to retain your personal information for the length of time required for the specific purpose or purposes for which it was collected (e.g., for the fulfilment of an agreement with you). However, we may be obliged to store some personal information for a longer time, taking into account factors including:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time (e.g. compliance with tax and accountancy and regulatory requirements)
- the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims (e.g., for the purposes of a potential dispute)
If you would like to find out how long we keep your personal information for a particular purpose, you can contact us at: [email protected].
G. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We implement technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your personal information against the risk of loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration or destruction.
Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. For any payments that we take from you online we will use a recognized online secure payment system.
H. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
I. HOW TO CONTACT US
Our websites, applications and platforms are not intended for use by anyone under 13 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our websites, applications and platforms from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.
K. STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section applies to residents of California and Virginia and provides additional information to residents pursuant to applicable state privacy laws including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) (collectively the “State Privacy Laws”). In this section, the term “Personal Information” means information defined as “personal information,“ “personal data,” or other similar term under the State Privacy Laws. The State Privacy Laws may provide residents with some or all of the rights listed below. Please note that not all rights listed below may be afforded to all users and that if you are not a resident of one of these states listed above, you may not be able to exercise these rights. In addition, we may not be able to process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to confirm your identity or understand and respond to it. We may decline your request in certain cases as permitted by law.
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with which we share Personal Information.
- The categories of Personal Information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
- The categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Appeal. You can appeal our denial of any request validly submitted.
- Correction. You can ask us to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- Deletion. You can ask us, subject to certain exceptions, to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Opt-out of certain processing for targeted advertising purposes. You can opt-out of certain processing of personal information for targeted advertising purposes.
- Opt-in. If we know that you are 13-15 years of age, we will ask for your affirmative authorization to sell your Personal Information or share your Personal Information for targeted advertising purposes before we do so.
- Limit processing of Sensitive Personal Information. You can ask us to limit the processing of any Sensitive Personal Information we collect as necessary for our (1) service or product delivery and operations, (2) Compliance and protection, (3) research and development, or (4) service or product improvement and analytics purposes.
- Non-discrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the State Privacy Laws.
Exercising your right to information/know, access, appeal, correction, deletion and limit processing of Sensitive Personal Information. You may submit requests to exercise your right to information/know, access, appeal, correction, deletion or limit processing at https://www.coopersurgical.com/ccpa-common-request-form or by calling us toll free at 833-776-6255, or via email to [email protected] or [email protected].
Exercising your right to opt-out of processing for targeted advertising purposes. While we do not sell personal information for money, like many companies, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you as described above. The State Privacy Laws may classify our use of some of these services as “selling” or “sharing” your Personal Information with the advertising partners that provide the services. You can opt-out of tracking for targeted advertising purposes or other sales of Personal Information by clicking Cookie Preferences. Your request to opt-out will apply only to the browser and the device from which you submit the request. You can also broadcast the Global Privacy Control (GPC) to opt-out for each participating browser system that you use. Learn more at the Global Privacy Control website.
Verification of Identity; Authorized agents. We may need to verify your identity in order to process your information/know, access, appeal, correction, or deletion requests and reserve the right to confirm your residency. To verify your identity, we may require government identification, a declaration under penalty of perjury, or other information, where permitted by law.
Under the State Privacy Laws, you may be permitted to authorize an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. However, we may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity and authority to act on your behalf. We may require a copy of a valid power of attorney given to your authorized agent pursuant to applicable law. If you have not provided your agent with such a power of attorney, we may ask you to take additional steps permitted by law to verify that your request is authorized, such as by providing your agent with written and signed permission to exercise your CCPA rights on your behalf, the information we request to verify your identity, and confirmation that you have given the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
L. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Sensitive personal information. We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes that California residents have a right to limit under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- California Cryobank LLC (company number 5901958) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- California Cryobank Stem Cell Services LLC (company number 5901963) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- CBR Systems, Inc. (company number 5068343) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- Cell Care Australia Pty. Ltd (company number 110312537) with its registered address at 42 Corporate Drive, Heatherton, Victoria 3202.
- Cooper Medical, Inc. (company number 35-2440228) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- CooperGenomics, Inc. (company number 81-5078002) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- CooperMedical S.r.l. (company number 3102732110) with its registered address at Escazu, Plaza Roble Corporate Center, Los Balcones Building, Fourth Floor, San Jose, Costa Rica.
- CooperSurgical (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. (company number 10000002201912000000) with its registered address at Suite 1508, No 889 Wanhangdu Road, JingAn District, Shanghai 200042.
- CooperSurgical Canada Inc. (company number 3320226) with its registered address at McInnes Cooper , 1300-1969 Upper Water Street, Purdy’s Wharf Tower II, Halifax NS B3J 2V1, Canada.
- CooperSurgical Distribution B.V. (company number 71752188) with its registered address at Celsiusweg 35, 5928PR, Venlo, Netherlands, Netherlands.
- CooperSurgical Malaysia Sdn Bhd (company number 1327875-D) with its registered address at Suite 50-1-11, 12 & 13, Level 1, Wisma UOA Damansara, No. 50, Jalan Dungun, Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- CooperSurgical Origio Pte. Ltd. company number 201631426E) with its registered address at 8 Temasek Boulevard, #19-03, Suntec Tower 3, 038988, Singapore.
- CooperSurgical, Inc. (company number 94-3132521) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- DEB Donor Egg Bank Canada Ltd (company number BC1268358) with its main office address at 108A – 175 Longwood Rd S, Hamilton, ON L8P 0A1, Canada.
- Donor Application LLC (company number 7621781) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- Generate Life Sciences, Inc. (company number 6896672) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- Generate Sperm Bank Canada Ltd. (company number BC1268360) with its main office address at 108A – 175 Longwood Rd S, Hamilton, ON L8P 0A1, Canada.
- Genesis Genetics Canada Inc. (company number 3320229) with its registered address at 1969 Upper Water Street, Suite 1300, Purdy’s Wharf Tower II, Halifix NS B3J 3R7, Canada.
- Insception Biosciences, Inc. (company number BC1316459) with its main office address at 1620 Tech Ave Unit #1, Mississauga, ON L4W 5P4, Canada.
- Invitro Genetics Limited (company number 9901425) with its registered address at Delta Park, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5RL, United Kingdom.
- Invitro Genetics, LLC (company number 81-5454415) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- Leisegang Feinmechanik Optik GmbH (company number HRB 4064) with its registered address at 32, D-10625, Berlin, Germany.
- LifeGlobal Group, LLC (company number 1277670) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- Medek Medikal Ürünler ve Sağlık Hizmetleri A.Ş (company number 420618) with its registered address at Suadiye Mahallesi BaÄŸdat Caddesi , No:417, Daire:9 , KadikÓ§y, Istanbul, Turkey.
- OBP Medical Corporation (company number 26-1128220) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- Origio A/S (company number 10975077) with its main office address at Knardrupvej 2, 2760, Malov, Denmark.
- Origio A/S, Dubai Branch (company number 1132) with its registered address at 26, Dubai Healthcare City, Floor 6, Office 606, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Origio Australasia Pty Ltd (company number 111 964 106) with its registered address at Unit 31, 7 Sefton Road, Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia.
- Origio Benelux B.V. (company number 34246551) with its registered address at Celsiusweg 35, 5928PR, Venlo, Netherlands, Netherlands.
- Origio Cooper LLC (company number 1157847453092) with its registered address at Pulkovskoe shosse 40, block 4, litter A, 196158, St. Petersburg, Russian Federation.
- Origio France S.a.r.l. (company number 417 650 637) with its registered address at 93 Rue de Chantier, 78000, Versailles, France.
- Origio GmbH (company number HRB 69804) with its registered address at Hildegardstr. 31, 10715, Berlin, Germany.
- Origio India Pvt. Ltd. (company number U24230MH2005PTC155098) with its registered address at C-401 Delphi, Hirandani Business Park, Mumbai, 400076, India.
- Origio Italia srl (company number 5559430482) with its registered address at Viale Shakespeare 47, int. 2/a, 00144, Roma, Italy
- Origio Japan K.K. (company number 0200-01-095667) with its registered address at Yokohama Media & Communication Center, 4F Nihon-Odori 11, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 231-0021, Japan.
- Origio Limited (company number 3221787) with its registered address at Delta Park, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5RL, United Kingdom.
- Origio LLC company number 1107847205003) with its registered address at Pulkovskoe shosse 40, block 4, litter A, 196158, St. Petersburg, Russian Federation.
- Origio Medicult Espana s.l. (company number 7A3309838) with its registered address at Moll de Barcelona s/nº. Edificio Nord, Pl. 4ª, módulos 414-415, 08039, Barcelona, Spain.
- Recombine, LLC (company number 38-4028993) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- Reprogenetics, LLC (company number 47-2020915) with its registered address at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington DE 19808, United States.
- Research Instruments Limited (company number 3419143) with its registered address at Delta Park, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5RL, United Kingdom.
- Safe Obstetric Systems Ltd. (company number 5923369) with its registered address at Delta Park, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5RL, United Kingdom