The Global Product Director for Carrier Screening & NIPT evaluates and brings to market new Carrier Screening & Non-Invasive Prenatal Screening/Testing products, technologies and features. The Product Director is the internal product and market expert, and is responsible for defining and developing product positioning, messaging, launch plan, marketing materials, sales training and resources, etc. The Product Director will work closely with R&D, Marketing, Operations and Sales. This position is based in Livingston, New Jersey.
- Develop and execute a product roadmap and go-to-market strategy for Carrier Screening & NIPT genetic testing technologies in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders .
- Formulate detailed rationale and presentations incorporating P&L and market share impact to achieve buy-in from stakeholders across the organization.
- Put together product requirements based on customer needs, business goals, and operational resources.
- Be the market and product expert. Understand patient and physician needs, the competitive landscape, and the science and technology behind reproductive genetic testing products.
- Analyze product-related metrics and market trends to ensure product is meeting customer needs and enhance product features as needed.
- Define product positioning, messaging, launch plan, SOPs, pricing, etc.
- Conduct interviews with KOLs to test and validate key product features .
- Spearhead development of all product-related materials, including marketing collateral, training guides, presentations, abstracts and publications.
- Develop materials and conduct product training for the sales team, and be a resource to the sales team as needed.
- Work closely with R&D, laboratory, clinical operations, medical affairs and sales teams in product planning, commercialization, and execution.
- Lead all internal and external product communication, including providing regular updates on progress, roadmap, competition, new features, etc.
- Performs additional duties or assignments as directed by management.
- Strong knowledge of genetics required. Advanced degree in genetics, genetic counseling, and/or MBA desired.
- Over 2 years experience in diagnostic, medical device, biotechnology or pharmaceutical product management and commercialization.
- Prior experience in commercializing and launching a new product.
- Basic experience with financial modeling/forecasting and P&L analysis.
- Solid understanding of reproductive genetic testing technologies, and proven ability to explain technology, science, services, and differentiators to customers.
- Ability to bring together and collaborate with several internal and external teams on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expertise in project/process management and establishing and evaluating key metrics and goals.
- Strategic leader and thinker, detail-oriented, highly organized and analytical.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High energy. Hard-working. Not just a delegator; a hands-on doer.
- Tech savvy: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Apps (Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentations), and CRM Tools.
- Ability to travel as needed to execute the responsibilities of the position. This includes attendance at major medical meetings, conventions and travel to key customers and sales training events worldwide. Amount of travel will be variable.
- Passing of background check, which may include verification of prior employment, criminal conviction history, educational and driving records.
As an employee of CooperSurgical, you’ll receive an outstanding total compensation plan. As we believe your compensation goes beyond your paycheck, we offer a competitive salary, insurance coverage, 401(k) and a defined pension plan, paid time off for vacation, personal, sick and holidays, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits. Please visit us at www.coopersurgical.com to learn more about CooperSurgical and the benefits of becoming a member of our team.
CooperSurgical is an equal employment opportunity employer
To submit your resume for this position, please attach it as a PDF or MS Word document in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject header.